The convergence of health data and artificial intelligence (AI) presents a complex and evolving landscape of legal challenges and opportunities. Our panel will cover:
- Data Privacy Regulations in Healthcare
- Washington state, state privacy laws, HIPAA, CIMA, etc. and their impact on the collection, storage, and sharing of health data for AI-driven applications.
- AI in Medical Research: The legal considerations surrounding the use of AI in medical research including consent, de-identification, and the sharing of research data.
- The intersection of informed consent and privacy consent
- Patient Data Access and Control
- AI in Health Tech
- Data Sharing and Interoperability
- Building a Review Cycle for Privacy And Ethical Data Use
- Addressing the legal aspects of AI bias, fairness, and transparency, and mitigating potential discrimination issues in health data analytics.
Jessica Lee, Partner, Loeb & Loeb